F A I T H F U L
For a very long time, I have been walking this walk to change my thoughts from negative and aggressive, to happy and grateful. It is a walk that has already yielded great results, for which I am truly grateful. I think that – for me – one of the most important aspects of living a fearless life and marriage is to decide who I don’t want to be.
Last week, I spoke about not wanting to be on antedepressents, “And I did not want to spend the rest of my life taking mood altering drugs just to get through the day.” Reference here. But, there is more to that – I also don’t want to be the kind of person who never goes anywhere, or does anything, because they’re too afraid too. I don’t want to miss out on all the opportunities and blessings that God has in store for me – because I am living in fear. That is NOT who I want to be…
But, more importantly, I want the vibrant, successful married life that can be mine through Christ Jesus. I’m not talking about never facing tough times again – tough times are just a part of life, and I’m not talking about facing disease, poverty, or anything else. This is a fallen life we’re living – those are almost just part of being alive. What I AM talking about is not doing anything in life – whatever it may be – because I’m living in fear. Like, immigrating overseas if that’s God’s will for us. Or, moving to Cape Town… Or, just being able to truly love, honour and respect my husband as God’s gift to me and as God’s son, because I am living in fear.
Fear can truly be debilitating!
And yet, God has said more than 365 times throughout His word:
DO NOT FEAR!
He is with us!
And that is where the antidote to fear truly lies – yes, we need to change our thinking; yes, we need to saturate our minds with God’s word; yes, we need to break down bad habits that encourage fear and start building Godly habits that promote faith – BUT, God says do not fear, because He is with us.
God is with us!
Can you see the trust that is required in that statement?
- I can move overseas where I don’t know anyone, because God is with me.
- I can safely love, honour and respect my husband, because God is with me.
- I can focus on healthily eating, exercise and nurturing my body because God is with me.
- I can enjoy my marriage, relax and let go because God is with me.
- I can parent my child to the best of my ability without being afraid I will mess up, because God is with me.
- I can enjoy eating out with my husband, relax and enjoy because God is with me.
- I can face whatever fears I have in my mind, because God is with me.
- There is no need to fear, because God is with me.
Remember, to live a fearless life and marriage, do what you need to do to walk in God’s word, because He is always with you!