Wednesdays are Love Letters to my Husband days…
To my love,
It is so hard to keep thinking of new things or characteristics that I admire about you or are grateful for – and to do this every week. But, it is such a good exercise to do, as it allows me to see you with fresh eyes. Very often we become jaded. Not because we plan to, but because life exists on routines, and plans, and schedules and it is hard in the rut of life to keep that spark of newness in a fresh relationship and a new love alive. I have been grateful this year to write these letters to you – I am seeing you with new eyes again.
And I must say, I think you’re amazing. And I definitely count myself to be the lucky one between the two of us. Not, only did you save me from my past, but most importantly you saved me from me – and continue to do that on an almost daily basis. Yes, I know I get too caught up in my own little world, living out my own little fears with great drama and flair in my mind. But, you saved me – you have brought me to a place and helped me to accomplish things in my life I never, ever thought I would.
- I grew up with an unexplainable fear of dogs (well, pretty much everything else, too, but I was especially frightened of dogs). And today – with you – I have owned a German Shepherd, a husky and now a pedigree Berger blanc suisse.
- AND we entered her into a dog show and won. And where was I? Standing right on the side lines, cheering you and Baby Girl on. Never in my wildest dreams as a child did I ever think I would be doing that.
- And through your praise and encouragement, and helping me along, I have just recently run my FIFTIETH PARK RUN. Another achievement I never thought I would do. And I have run a couple of 15 km’s runs, a few more 10 km’s, and regularly run. It is only through your encouragement and working with me to get me to this point. You are amazing!
- You help me to eat well. This child you never ate, whether from the stress of a dysfunctional home, or from being tactile adverse, or just not being hungry, I now eat regularly and healthily.
- You have taken all my childhood fears and turned them around and now I am living a very different life to the one I imagined.
I know, that I know, that if I didn’t marry you, I would be sitting at home – alone – watching TV or reading books all day long. I would not have a life. I would not be living life. I would be too shy, too scared to venture out – and you have taken me and shown me that there is so much more to life.
And I thank you for that!
But, more importantly, I thank God for bringing you into my life. Our meeting was such a per chance meeting, but I believe that God orchestrated the whole thing just to get you and me together. He knew what he was doing. And I praise Him and thank Him for that.
I love you, Babe, because you saved me, you showed me that there is so much more to life than just my fears (and still are showing me) and because you are amazing.
The Baby Mama