In following on from yesterday’s post, today I am grateful for:
- I am grateful that my husband is still here – after 15 years of marriage, two retrenchments, two houses, never being able to make ends meet, huge financial pressure, anxiety, panic attacks, weight gain, never wanting to have children, then desperately wanting to have a child, stubbornness, etc, etc, etc – he is still here. And I am so grateful that he is still here.
- I am grateful that my husband is working so hard to provide for us. In very trying times, and trying to recuperate from two retrenchments and to barely hanging in there financially, he still goes out and tries every day to provide for us what we need (and sometimes even more than that).
- I am very grateful that my husband is sporty and active and desires health and fitness. Not just for himself, but for me too. He could so very easily be one of those men, who the first thing they do when they get home is grab a beer, and then sit and watch TV for the rest of the night – with a huge beer belly.
- I am very grateful for my daughter and her funny senses of humour. Just this morning, while taking her to Holiday Club, I tell her that Daddy has gone away on business to Cape Town (which is also where my husband’s parents live). And she says, “nah, he just misses his mama…” Yeah, the kid has a good sense of humour.
- And I am very grateful for God. For His influence in my life and my marriage. God started me down a path a little while ago to move me away from anxiety and closer to a stronger, more nurturing marriage. And I can see changes in myself and in my husband that were definitely not there before. Good changes. Loving changes – changes that are busy strengthening and nurturing my marriage. Only through the grace of God.