Thank the Good Lord above that he created us all different. And walking our own paths in life is a blessing – and that is why we all need to focus on where we are in our walk through this life, and what God has blessed us with. And that is why, too, we should never ever compare ourselves to other people. I could not have gotten married young – in fact, there had been one or two suitors before hubby, and I know like I know that had I married young and been married to either of them, I would be divorced now. But, God knew better and He knew that for me, it would be better to wait until I had more maturity on my side and until I was ready. I married at the ripe old age of 26… 😉
I have many friends who married young. Very young. And they too are happily married and you know why? Because for them it was the right decision. Whether you marry young or old, each has its own pros and cons and certain issues that need to be dealt with.
I am a strong proponent of getting married young – if it’s God’s will for you. Not everyone is meant to get married at 19, but not everyone is meant to get married at 30 either. We each have a unique path to walk laid out for us from the Lord. And the blessings of getting married young can be wonderful. One of the most beautiful things about getting married young is that we have grown up together. Our faith in the Lord has grown, we have learned how to handle money, and are now tackling what it means to be parents. The Lord has grown us up together and we wouldn’t have it any other way! Reference here.
- Let’s Stay Together (bullslovar33.wordpress.com)
- Get Married, Young Man: Dating to Marry (catholicgentleman.net)
- 3 Lessons From Our First 6 Months (pastoryoder.wordpress.com)
- 5 things you should do before getting engaged (ritani.com)
- Finances To Consider if You’re Getting Married Later in Life (community.ally.com)
- Pleasant Surprises (heartstreamssinglesandmarried.wordpress.com)
- Sorry marriage traditionalists, young people shouldn’t rush to the altar | Jill Filipovic (theguardian.com)
- Giving and taking (daily-mail.co.zm)