So God does a two stage creation of man. First he makes the full orbed being (Adam, which in the Hebrew means, mankind). Then in phase two, God removes woman from Adam’s side and makes Eve a separate being, though of Adam’s substance, designed to ultimately reunite to her source through the mystery of Holy Matrimony. And the spark, the power of that union is meant to gloriously reveal the very image of God to angels and archangels and all the company of heaven and earth. That is why Satan fights tooth and nail to pervert and distort rightly ordered human sexuality, holy matrimony, the family, and fatherhood in particular.
I truly believe that God created the order that He did because it works.
This is God’s divine order:
4. Church (ministry)
This is God’s divine plan, plain and simple. Mix these up and you’ve got major problems. Before God ever created the church, He created the family. Before God ever created the family, He created the marriage. Before God created anything, He was! A cult tries to reverse this divine order. It is so critical for you to understand God’s divine order. So many people have destroyed their own lives because they didn’t understand God’s divine order. I sure hope someone’s listening, it could save your marriage!
And one of God’s orders and the way God created things is for man to be the leader and the head of the home. We are all still equal, but I am quite happy for hubby to take that ultimate responsibility.
But, we live in a fallen world and often men don’t want to lead, and even if they do want to, they often don’t know how to lead. And women don’t want to be submissive, and once again, even if they do, they quite often don’t know how to be submissive.
The headship issue is an issue of order, not of who is better or more important. The husband is the head of the wife in the family and he has the responsibility of guiding his family to a closer relationship with the Lord. God will require it of him on the day when all our deeds are judged by God. Reference: Here
In today’s post at 31 Days to a Better Marriage, Marquis Clarke gives some sound advice on how to encourage your husband to lead (remember, you are his help mate and one of the best ways to help your husband is by helping him to fulfill his God given role):
1. Praise Him:
2. Thank Him:
3. Ask Him:It is my belief that God created man to be head of the home for a reason. So, seek your husband’s counsel – I have been surprised many, many times by how spot-on my husband can be in situations where I have sought his advice on something. And I know that I can trust him completely. Reference: Here4. Follow Him:Submit to his leadership and decision making. This also means respecting him and honoring him. Read this post about practical ways to respect your husband. By no means am I saying that you should not have an opinion or voice, I am simply saying to let your husband take the lead by not solving every problem yourself.
5. Pray for Him:
Pray is so vitally important – in fact, we can’t do anything or get anywhere without prayer. It is the very foundation through which God answers all our prayers.
- Holy Matrimony: A Sacrament (catholicexposure.com)
- The Husband’s Role in Marriage (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- Wives, Submit to Your Husbands (bensmart92.wordpress.com)
- Biblical Scriptures to Back up the Traditional Definition of Marriage (christianity.answers.com)
- George Swinnock on the need for godliness in marriage (memoirandremains.wordpress.com)
- God, Marriage and Your Pattern (henryantiayeaddy.wordpress.com)
- Commentary on “Marriage: Pursuing Conformity to Christ in the Covenant” (davidandleahweathers.wordpress.com)
- Does a wife have to submit to her husband? (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- I Thought I ‘Owned’ My Husband – by Fellow Wife (peacefulwife.com)
- Husbands, Love Your Wives (bensmart92.wordpress.com)